Pridvorica Monastery

Pridvorica Monastery was built in the 13th century by a respectable courtier in the residence of the Nemanjics, as the Serbian word "pridvora" describes. As a convent, it was turn down several times. Then in 1850 , it was rebuilt and become a parish church. In 2007 it become a male monastery again. The architectural style of the monastery reminds us of the famous Studenica Monastery. It is situated 28 km of Ivanjica, near the road to Studenica and is among few Serbian monasteries which have their own coats of arms.


Additional information